2023 Relay For Life T-shirt Program
- Hope Club t-shirt is available after fundraiser raises $100.
- Gold Together Hope Club t-shirt is available after fundraiser raises $100 and is a member of the Gold Together for childhood cancer team.
- Survivor t-shirt is free to registered survivors.
- ELT t-shirt is free to committee members added to Salesforce.
- Fundraisers must register online for their event and raise a minimum of $100.
- Survivors must register online for their event.
- The staff partner must enter ELT members into Salesforce.
- There is no fundraising requirement for ELT or Survivors.
- Within 5 days of meeting the qualifications, the participant will receive a redemption email.
- Participants need to use a link in their redemption email to claim their t-shirt.
- Participants will have an opportunity to claim all three t-shirts when they qualify for each.
Some information below is accessible only to ACS Staff. Please reach out to your staff partner for additional information.
How often will emails go out to Hope Club members, ELT, and survivors? Emails will be sent daily, starting in mid-Jan. Email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hope Club redemption emails will be issued the week that individual hits $100 raised.
- ELT redemption emails will be issued the week that individual is added to the 2023 committee in Salesforce.
- Survivor redemption emails will be issued the week that individual registers for the event.
How often will t-shirts ship? The vendor will have the t-shirts ready to ship weekly via USPS. T-shirts can take up to 3 weeks to arrive depending on the timing of their redemption and when the vendor has a weekly scheduled shipment to go out. Shipments can be sent to a PO Box. Tracking information is unavailable from the vendor.
If a volunteer has issues with the redemption site, issues with the delivery of their t-shirt, or issues with the item who should they contact? Participants that have issues with a t-shirt can reach Will Enterprises at email@example.com.
Will fundraising efforts be considered from both online and offline? Online and offline confirmed income will be included.
What if a participant registers but doesn’t choose the survivor designation during registration?
Participants can update their information from their Relay Dashboard. From “Show Quickstart Checklist,” select Complete Your Profile and select Survivor in the “relationship to cancer” question. Or a participant can call 800.227.2345 and ask for their survivor status to be updated. Once the Survivor designation has been chosen, the redemption email will be sent within a week.
If any of these participants are registered for multiple events, will they receive an email for each event? No, for any registered for multiple events, they will receive one redemption email and t-shirt.
Will Survivor t-shirts be available at events? In general, extra t-shirts will not be available at an event. It is important to register before the event to ensure you have a shirt available. Registration is available at http://relayforlife.org or by calling 800.227.2345.
Can a shirt be ordered after the event date has passed? Yes – even if you register and/or hit your fundraising goal at your event, you’ll still be issued a redemption email and can receive your shirt within 3 weeks of redemption. Shirts cannot be redeemed after 12/1/2023.
Are there personalization options for shirts? T–shirts will not offer a personalized option or a sponsor printing on the back of the t-shirts. If a community would like to offer custom t-shirts – we will gladly provide the t-shirt artwork so a community can create Survivor t-shirts to be available at the event. This will have to be an in-kind gift from a vendor and not a direct expense to the event.
How does a staff request a report to be run for this specific event on t-shirt ordered? Staff can request a t-shirt report for their event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. T-shirts are tracked by Society Key, please submit your Society Key when requesting a report.
How can Hope Club members of a team claim a t-shirt when the fundraising credit was applied to the team level or to a particular individual on the team? A team captain may forward their redemption email to those on the team that have qualified for Hope Club (but not correctly credited). Each participant may claim 1 t-shirt for per email.
In the case that the Hope Club member, Survivor or ELT does not have an email address?
- ELT / Hope Club: Reach out to your staff partner and ensure your correct information is correct. Staff members can then follow this process to request a shirt be delivered>
- Survivors: Call 800.227.2345 to get registered as a survivor. T-shirt size will be asked and a shirt will automatically be shipped within 3 weeks.
Will we offer team captain t-shirts? The American Cancer Society continues to remain focused on being the best steward of donor dollars. Because of this, we are no longer offering the Team Captain t-shirt. Each event is encouraged to find new and creative ways to continue to recognize team captains.
Will we offer Grand Club / All Start t-shirts? Participants that raise $1000+ & $2500+ will continue to receive a redemption email (from Halo) to redeem their grand club & all-star items. This program will launch in early February, 2023 with a variety of items to choose from. Read more information here >
Will t-shirts be redeemed through Relay Rewards? We will continue to offer Relay Rewards at shopacsrewards.org; however, Hope Club, Survivor, & ELT t-shirt redemption will no longer occur through the Relay Rewards website, but directly through a redemption email.
Will all shirts be the same color? No. Survivor t-shirts will be a shade of purple, ELT t-shirts will be brightly colored & Hope Club shirts will be a shade of grey. Due to global t-shirt inventory shortages, we are having to choose t-shirt colors based on what is most accessible by our vendors.
Who should redeem the Gold Together shirt? Team members that are affiliated with the Gold Together for childhood cancer team can choose the Gold shirt as their Hope Club shirt when they raise $100.
Will additional Hope Club t-shirts be available for purchase? No. Hope Club t-shirts are earned and cannot be bought. We also do not plan to offer ELT or survivors t-shirts for sale at this time.
If a participant has issues with the delivery of their t-shirt or with the item itself who should they contact? Participants that have issues with a t-shirt can reach Will Enterprises at email@example.com. They will respond within 24 business hours.
Is there a deadline for using the redemption code to obtain a t-shirt? T-shirts must be ordered by 12/1/23.