Nationwide Community Fundraising Leadership Team
The Nationwide Community Fundraising Leadership Team (NCFLT) was created in 2020, merging volunteer leadership from all of the major community fundraising properties into a cohesive team in the fight against cancer. The NCFLT works to represent and support community fundraising for Relay For Life, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, DetermiNation, and other community fundraising initiatives for the American Cancer Society. The team is responsible for creating and driving national and regional strategy for these major funders of the Society’s life-saving work. The NCFLT is made up of approximately 30 volunteers that work directly with 15-20 staff partners at the American Cancer Society.
The NCFLT is made up of approximately 30 volunteers that work directly with 15-20 staff partners at the American Cancer Society.
The 2023 NCFLT volunteers and staff, pictured in Houston, Texas at the annual NCFLT meeting in February 2023.
NCFLT Leadership provides overall direction, strategy, and leadership for all community fundraising event types.
Event Type Leads & Staff
Fundraising event leadership volunteers provide national and direction for the core fundraising events and support the implementation in collaboration with regional and strategic volunteer leaders.
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
Endurance, DetermiNation, & Network Fundraising
Regional Leadership Volunteers
- Shelle Arnold (North Co-Lead)
- Lisa Wilfong (North Co-Lead)
- Roxie Smith (North Co-Lead)
- Sarah Liporace (Northeast Co-Lead)
- Marc Koll (South Co-Lead)
- LaVonda Bailey (South Co-Lead)
- Sharon Chicano (Southeast Co-Lead)
- Curtis Pettis (Southeast Co-Lead)
- Martel Marshall (California/Guam/Hawaii Co-Lead)
- Heidi Varner (Unified Event Support Co-Lead)
ACS Region Map
Strategic Leadership Volunteers
- Shelley Sprouffske & Heather Mills (Top Performers)
- Theresa Miller & Diane Denoyer (Voices of Hope)
- Keisha McKinney (Digital Marketing)
- Adam Bloom & Jenna Capuzzo (Fundraising)
- Shelly Miller & Melissa McLain (Recognition)
- Cynthia Dickson & Debbie McDonald (Survivor & Caregiver)
- Nan Jenkins (Mission)
College & Youth Engagement