Apply For The National Campus & Youth Engagement Team
APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR 2023
The American Cancer Society National Campus & Youth Engagement Team is a team of student volunteers who work in partnership with American Cancer Society (ACS), ACS Cancer Action Network (ACS CAN), & Global Relay For Life staff partners to provide nationwide strategy and direction to the American Cancer Society On Campus market, including elementary school, middle school, high school, and college campuses.
The National Campus & Youth Engagement Team (NCYET) strives to:
- Drive growth, innovation, and maintain excellence in fundraising, participation, and unity of the American Cancer Society’s youth market
- Develop well-rounded, committed volunteers who understand their value and engage in not only fundraising, as well as advocacy, cancer education, and patient support with their campus leadership teams
- Empower to be lifelong volunteers with the American Cancer Society
- Provide strategic direction for the American Cancer Society campus movement and supervise workgroups to act as the voice for the campus market in all national American Cancer Society discussions and decisions
- Acknowledge achievements big and small across the nation to drive a culture of unity and celebration
Students serve a one-year term, with most members continuing for a second term. The 2023 – 2024 team will serve from July 2023 to July 2024. Members are expected to make the NCYET their primary American Cancer Society commitment throughout their term. NCYET members are expected to maintain engagement with their American Cancer Society by fundraising at least $500 and engage with advocacy efforts through the American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network (ACS CAN) by becoming an ACS CAN member. As a national representative, it is expected for you to attend all team virtual calls, collaborate with other NCYET members, meet deadlines set by yourself or by the team, and participate in national and regional challenges. You would be a great NCYET member if you have…
- strong teamwork, written communication, and public-speaking skills
- the ability to motivate, manage, and mentor a workgroup of volunteers
- the mindset and motivation of an independent thinker and self-starter
- the ability to broaden your horizons to assess and strategize from a big-picture perspective outside of your own experiences
- desire, enthusiasm, vision, dedication, and commitment to move the campus market to higher levels of success
If you are interested in applying for a position on the National Campus & Youth Engagement Team, please complete the following tasks:
- Review position descriptions and team structure below
- Complete your application here (Google Form)
- Provide updated resume (PDF) and save files as PDF documents named LastName_application and LastName_Resume to email@example.com
- Notify your Staff Partner that you applied and they will be contacted regarding your application
- Submit your application by March 6th.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Interviews for NCYET Co-Lead will be scheduled for March 13th – March 17th. Interviews for remaining positions will be scheduled for March 20th – March 31st with qualified applicants, and applicants will be notified of the team selection by April 10th.
If you have questions or would like to talk with a current member of the National Campus & Youth Engagement Team about the team or any of the available roles, please email Cameron Coates at firstname.lastname@example.org or Caitlyn Risley at email@example.com.
If you are an ACS staff member and have a question, please contact Dillon Ardabell at firstname.lastname@example.org.